Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Thematic Photographic 167 --- Edible

This week's Thematic Photographic is Edible -- photos about edibles, that is!  This is an easy one, right?  Sure it is -- if we take a lot of pictures of food.  My bet is that the participants of this challenge will come up with some delectable delights as well as creative cuisine, no doubt having us all craving goodies all week!

I actually have some "phood photos" so I might be sharing more than once this week.  But to start with I like to show off my son's groom's cake at his wedding in July.


Scott is an admirer of Olde World maps as well as a collector.  His lovely new wife is a classical pianist, so combined, they went with an Old World theme.  This classic world map was transferred to the fondant, however they do that, and placed on the top of the cake.  Completely edible it was not only attractive, but surrounded by chocolate!

Like I said, Carmi and the participants of Thematic Photographic will no doubt have us salivating, drooling, and maybe a few eeewwwwsss along the way.  Check it out and join in!

8 comments:

Alexia said...

Any couple who have a wedding cake like this must be very interesting people to know! Great shot.

21 Wits said...

Now this sounds like my kind of cake all the way around! Very nice!

Limarea said...

What a fantastic cake! :)

Gilly said...

Wonderful cake - seems a shame to cut it and eat that lovely map!! ;)

Little Nell said...

I’ve never heard of a groom’s cake before. Is this for men only? The picture on fondant idea is so clever, I bet your son was really pleased withthis.

Bob Scotney said...

Is this a case of the groom having his cake and eating it?
Like Nell I hadn't heard of a groom's cake either.

Aeria said...

What a great idea! Very cool looking and ya can't beat being surrounded by chocolate!

carmilevy said...

Consider me salivating and drooling right about now: This looks like a delicious cake! Wishing your son and daughter-in-law the greatest start to their married life!