Monday, January 31, 2011

Thematic Photographic #132 --- Curves

It has been such a long time since I played along with Carmi's Thematic Photographic and I have really missed it.  So, it might be a bit late to start a New Year's resolution, but it is never too late to start a new habit.  So, Carmi, I'm baaaaaacckk!  This time under a new blog name.  Formerly Picture This At Last, I started a new blog using my new photography studio name.

This week's Thematic topic is curves.  So many things come to mind for this assignment, but I thought I would post some of the photos I showcased in an earlier post about the Ozark Wilcat, a local roller coaster.





There are no cars on this roller coaster now because the park has been closed since October 2008.  As old as this 'coaster looks, it is actually only about eight years old. It was built to look like the arcade parks of a bygone era, as was the rest of the rides in the park.  At this time the fate of the Ozark Wildcat is not decided.  I'm just glad I have these photos to gaze at lore of days gone by.

It's good to be back in the Thematic Photographic.  I'm looking forward to the next topic!

2 comments:

21 Wits said...

This is really cool, great photos of a place that held a lot of screams and laughter! Nice take for curves! I like it!

Max Sartin said...

Great roller coaster pictures. We still have one like that at Lagoon, a local amusement park. I think it was built in the 1930's and although has had portions replaced, it is still all wood. One of my favorite rides there! Thanks for the great perspective.